Alpha to omega.

Symbols are incredibly robust.
They spin through thousands of years of human culture

The original use of a symbol is not the 'authentic' meaning.

A Sumerian meaning is simply one of the oldest versions that can be read.


The omega is the birthing hut.
Is the womb.
Is the symbol of Ninhursaga.

Whilst alpha is the ox-head symbol representing Adad- sky and thunder- the bull of heaven

The power of the storm is Enlil.
The Lord of the mountain

Storm is the word of god.
And Enlil is the breath of life




Alpha to omega
The Alpha lightning bolt of conception to
Omega
Birth..

A third deity.
Lord Earth, Enki
Is the power of water.

The 'water of the heart'..
Semen.

And the reason why I was bored with all this yesterday, is because the story of Ninhursaga and Enki is clearly a precursor to all those Hesiodic, theogeny- theo-phagy- stories.

At the core of which:
Eating and swallowing...
A male deity becomes pregnant

Sometimes it is eating the children
Sometimes it is the act of swallowing semen.

So here is one of the oldest versions of this story.

Enki and Ninhursaga.

Enki causes Ninhursaga to give birth to a daughter.

It doesn't take long before Enki walks his child down to the long grass by the canals and does what men do, leaving her to bear for him another daughter...

Who Enki takes down to the long grass by the canals and...

You get the picture.

Eventually Enki fathers Uttu
The spider-girl.

By this time Ninhursaga has had enough of Enki abusing her children and so she tells Spider-girl to take care, and especially to keep away from the irrigation canals.

Echoes here of the story of Ninlil and Enlil.

But Enki wooed her with cucumbers...and other long vegetables

And Uttu agreed to take a walk with him
And ultimately, of course the waters of Enki's heart, flowed freely.

Uttu immediately regrets going with her father and seeks help from her mother, Ninhursaga.

Ninhursaga cleans the water from Uttu and buries it under the earth, and nine days latter, eight luscious plants sprout from Enki's semen.

And when Enki saw them, he ate.
Salad is good!

When Ninhursaga saw that Enki had taken her plants
She cursed him
 "Until his dying day, I will never look upon him with life-giving eye."

And Enki grew sick...
So sick that he called to a fox to find help for him.

Well to cut a long story short, Enki was full of children and needed Ninhursag to give birth to each one for him:

Ninḫursaĝa asked: "My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
 "The top of my head (ugu-dili) hurts me."
She gave birth to Ab-u out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"The locks of my hair (siki) hurt me.
" She gave birth to Ninsikila out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"My nose (giri) hurts me."
She gave birth to Ningiriutud out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"My mouth (ka) hurts me."
She gave birth to Ninkasi out of it.

"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"My throat (zi) hurts me."
She gave birth to Nazi out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"My arm (a) hurts me."
She gave birth to Azimua out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
 "My ribs (ti) hurt me."
She gave birth to Ninti out of it.
"My brother, what part of you hurts you?"
"My sides (zag) hurt me."
She gave birth to Ensag out of it.

She said: "For the little ones to whom I have given birth may rewards not be lacking.

Ab-u shall become king of the grasses, Ninsikila shall become lord of Magan, Ningiriutud shall marry Ninazu, Ninkasi shall be what satisfies the heart, Nazi shall marry Nindara, Azimua shall marry Ninĝišzida, Ninti shall become the lady of the month, and Ensag shall become lord of Dilmun."

Praise be to Father Enki.
Link...

Popular Posts